Sunday, December 16, 2018

christmas loves


Shopping with Amanda in beautiful downtown
Savannah.
There is nothing like "shopping with Amanda."
She has made a profession out of it.
See you soon pretty girl.


Enjoying the Christmas tree.
Opening the ornament box is like opening Pandora's box of memories.
Each trinket has a story to tell.
I find myself  trying not to break down into full on tears.
Yesterday 
the Cleland kids saw the tree for the first time.
They always look for their pictures 
and a very special dolphin from when they were babies.
I found Harry perched under the tree in the back just taking it in his own way.


At the tree lot 
I always get Frasier Fir branches that have been discarded 
to use in my home decorating.
The more live greenery I get into the house the better it smells.
I found Arch and Walt using some greenery as
 reindeer antlers.


These two gifts were the first to be placed under the tree.
Bubba has a contest going all the week.
Whoever guesses what's inside gets the prize....
$20.00.


Gifts I've wrapped patiently awaiting bows.
Always the last thing I get to.


Playing a game after dinner last night.

I love the week before Christmas.
So much anticipation.
So busy making the "magic" happen.

Staying in God's word to keep the focus on the real reason we celebrate.

Jesus was born to a virgin.
He is the Son of God.
He led a perfect, sinless life.
His death made Him the perfect one to take our sins upon Himself.
God was satisfied with His sacrifice.
His resurrection made it all real.
He is alive, seated at the right hand of God his Father - our Father.
He has gone to prepare a place for us.
In Christ alone we have eternal life.

"Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
No one comes unto the Father except through Him."
John 14:3









No comments: