Sunday, December 2, 2018

our lucy is turning 13


To me it just seems unreal.
How can our Lu be almost thirteen?
We celebrated her birthday yesterday, a little early.
 She is headed to New York next week.
She is going with her grandmother Nonnie who shares her same birthday.
What an exciting way to celebrate becoming a teenager.


What a joy!!
She and I are close.
She watches out for me.
I love her.


The birthday shrine for Lucy.


Her place setting at the family table.
For dinner she requested...
Her granddaddy's marinated steak and escalloped potatoes.
For dessert she chose Grammy's now famous Atlantic Beach Pie
with lemons from our very own lemon tree.


This is my favorite picture from last night.
Her Grammy gave her gold hoop earrings and I think they were her most loved gift.
We all stared at this precious little girl who is fast becoming a young lady.
She is changing before our eyes.


Thanking our great and generous God for bringing her to our family.
The joy of being Lucy's Grammy is huge.
I am thankful beyond words.






No comments: