Tuesday, May 14, 2019

beautiful ponte vedra beach


I can still see it when I shut my eyes...
that beautiful beach spread out before me.
The waves so close I could almost feel the spray.
The sun coming up on the horizon.
Turquoise water sparkling like diamonds.
Windows and doors open to the gentle breeze and the pounding surf.
It was paradise.
It is a memory I will never forget.
One of the most gorgeous places I have ever been.


Bubba reading on the balcony.
See how close the water is?
Just right there.


In our room there was a window seat.
I spent a lot of time there with the windows open.
Perfect reading spot!


Sunrise on the first morning.
Picture taken from our balcony.


Dune flowers.


A passing sea bird.


Bubba welcoming me home from my evening beach walk.
I love this man!


Our room had a fireplace.
Not that we needed it, but such a nice touch.
Want to go back and get this same room in the winter.


The whole time we were at the beach there was a cool breeze blowing in from the ocean.
The yellow flag meant "Use Caution."
We did.
The beach was so amazing and clean.


This web of vines has a purpose.
They keep the dunes from washing away.


Second day sunrise.
They were all different.
Painted new each morning by the hand of our God.


This beautiful shell was left on our bed on our last night.
Extra touches made everything so special.


These bird shots are some of my favorites.


The side door in our room led out to this beautiful terrace.
From here we were just steps away from the beach.

Thank you Lord for this awesome getaway.
Came home refreshed with oh so many memories stored away.
Drenched in sunshine.
Lulled by the sound of the waves.
Entranced by the smell of the ocean.
These are the best of times.
💙💙💙
























No comments: