Friday, May 24, 2019

i almost waited too long


Today.
Today I finally went to buy my flowers...
The ones to add those magic pops of color to our yard.
I waited, sadly, until the absolute hottest day of the year.
By the time I 
walked around the nursery choosing the ones I wanted,
loaded them in my car,
drove home,
unloaded them to the backyard,
I was hotter than a body needs to be.
I had to turn the air conditioner down really low,
drink a massive amount of water,
and lay out under the fan with very little in the way of clothes on my body.😓
It took me over an hour to cool down.
The weekend will be spent planting the beauties in the picture above.
I hope they survive!




I have to brag a bit on our Lucy girl.
Grammys do that you know.
Today was the last day of the 2018 - 2019 school year.
The outstanding students were honored this morning in an assembly.
All children third grade and up at Veritas Academy take Latin.
Lucy earned a perfect score on her Introduction to Latin Exam.
She was one of only 400 students in the world to do so.
She received the award pictured above.
She didn't know beforehand that she was going to get it.
So, so proud of all her hard work!!

I have planting to do. 
Will wait until it cools down a bit.
Love, love, love playing in the dirt!

🌷


No comments: