Tuesday, July 16, 2019

backyard gardens


These are my flower creations.
After planting and nurturing,
fertilizing and watering,
pruning and cutting,
they are finally putting on a show for us.
I get much pleasure looking out of the back windows and seeing them in the yard.


Having flowers like these in the middle of the summer is not for sissies.
They require much attention and love.
But, they are certainly worth all the trouble.


Back porch beauties.
The Geraniums are just coming off of their annual slump.
Starting to bloom profusely again.
Bubba has some miracle bloom potion he applies every now and then.
I have Gerber Daises which I love.


I love these baskets.
They start blooming when the sun gets strong every morning.
At about four in the afternoon the blooms close up.
Bubba's Mom called them Four O'clocks.


The Hydrangeas are finally blooming.
When Bubba bought these they were a beautiful color of blue.
They are blooming pink.
The lady at the nursery said we have the wrong soil to produce blue Hydrangeas.
She gave him another potion.
We'll see if we can get them back to blue again.


This last picture is a peek out of the house onto the front porch.
I keep that shutter open every day so that I can see my pink Vincas as I pass by.
They make me happy.

So happy that the deer are leaving our flowers alone.
I don't want to think about what happened to them...
I'm just glad they're gone!!

🦌






No comments: