Wednesday, February 19, 2020

birthday girl


I had my dream birthday this year...
 turned 72 on a cruise ship in San Juan, Puerto Rico
surrounded by my whole family.
From Bubba down to Walter they were all there.

The excitement was high on awakening as we docked.
This was my third visit to Puerto Rico and it didn't disappoint.
We spent the morning at Castillo San Cristobal, 
an expansive fortress overlooking the vast Atlantic Ocean.
Thanking God for His good, good gifts. 
 Offering prayers of praise and adoration for this perfect day.


My children ~ dear to my heart,
always in my prayers,
funny and smart,
a joy!


While we were at the fort,
 we flew a kite in the likeness of the flag of Puerto Rico.
It was so dreamy to be in that  gorgeous setting 
with all of the kids running around
 flying this beautiful kite
 in the bright blue sky
over the ocean.

🪁


Walt and his Gram.
He took his kite flying very seriously.

😎


Jake and Grammy taking it all in.
Epic Eli...our chief photographer and video master,
took this picture and the one of me below.


📷


Lucy bought this hand carved wooden bowl for me in a little shop in Old San Juan.
She presented it at dinner that night.
It made me tear up...to be reminded...
"You are so loved."


So, I turned seventy two.
 I'm standing on our balcony somewhere out over the Atlantic Ocean.
This is pure raw me.
No filters,
minimal make up with just a touch of sun on my face.
The same "bedroom" eyes I was born with.
My two new front teeth.
(the others crumbled away from the radiation treatments)
I love that you can see the scar on my neck from the cancer surgery.
My takeaway from this day with the people I love...
"You are so loved."
Perfect Happy Birthday

❤️

I want to thank everyone on Facebook for the sweet birthday greetings.
As soon as I got on the ship the battery in my phone decided to go completely dead.
I had to wait until I got home to truly enjoy the posts.
As always, Facebook birthdays are such a joy!
Thank you friends!




                                             








No comments: