Tuesday, February 4, 2020

sailing away


There is everything to love about this picture.
David had just graduated from high school.
We decided at the very last minute to go on a cruise, just the four of us.
We sailed to the southern Caribbean.
I loved the Caymen Islands best.
This trip was such an amazing adventure.
It was 1993.
Bubba was 49 years old...three years older than David is now.
His hair was just beginning to turn gray.
I was 45,
Two years older than Amanda.
I had ventured into a crazy short hairstyle...
definitely not my style.
Lucy, when she saw this picture, expressed great love and desire for my brass circle belt.
She wanted to know if I still had it.
Bubba and David look just alike.
Amanda looks just like Eli.
I guess I look more like David than Amanda.

Cruise 2020 is coming soon.
 I am over the moon with excitement.
There are 13 of us...
6 adults,
7 kids.
Our family is everything!

Harry wants me to describe every aspect of each day on the boat to him every time we are together.
None of them can conceive of what it is like to spend a week on a ship in the middle of the ocean.

🚢

No comments: