Tuesday, February 23, 2021

i said yes to the house


In my last post,
 I wrote that I found a catalog in the mailbox that changed my mind.
This is the picture that was on the front cover.

The house that we looked at on our way to Pearl's that evening,
 the one I immediately rejected,
the one that my family thought was perfect for me,
 had a sunroom on the back that looked eerily like this picture.
My colors, my style, my beach vibes all caught in one photo.
 The picture blew my mind and opened up the floodgates of possibilities.

I began to think seriously about all of the reasons I should buy the house.
It is back in Savannah near the water and my people.
I wouldn't have to make the long drive every time I needed to "go to town."
The neighborhood is small.
It is gated.
No outside maintenance at all ~ ever.
A smaller house ~ much more manageable.
A chance to decorate another house.
The list goes on.

I tentatively began to get excited.
I prayed that God would reveal his will to me.
I visited the model home over and over.
I prayed again and again...
"Lord, this is a major decision, please let me know if I should do this."
"Please shut this door if this is not from You."
"You know I am getting ready to turn 73."
"I need Your wisdom!"

And then,
David came to me one day and said,
"I know someone who wants to buy your house as it is.
There will be no hassle for you whatsoever."

The appearance of the catalog and the stress-free sale of our much-loved home.
The perfect house in the perfect place.
How could I say no?
The peace that God put in my heart when I said yes to the deal.

I am very excited!
My computer finally got fixed today.
There will be more to this story.

❤️






 

No comments: