Wednesday, February 17, 2021

my moving story...


...or...
how the hand of God guides me along.

Amanda, Mark, and I were sitting in front of the fire just days before Christmas last.
I told them that I had two goals for the new year, 2021.

1. To take the whole family on a cruise to see Alaska.
                                         2. To stay in the house that Bubba and I loved for at least one more year.

They were in complete agreement with these goals,
affirmed me in both,
and rejoiced with me about the cruise.

                                                                                   The very next evening...

David, Erika, Mark, Amanda, and I were going to celebrate at Pearl's on the Herb River.

On the way, being a little early for our reservation, we decided to pull into a brand new development that was being built just a stone's throw from the restaurant.

Everybody loved the houses and thought one of them would meet all of my needs and desires...

except for me.

I was the rebel.

I said,"No, absolutely not!

We are all hungry and need to eat. 

Clearly, y'all are not thinking rationally!

Didn't at least two of you praise and affirm my goals for 2021?"


We proceeded to eat a very delicious seafood meal and go home to celebrate the season.

Soon, the festivities ended and I settled into the after-Christmas glow!

You know, that time when the frenzy is over and you can sit in front of the fire and just relax...

time to reflect and think things through,

to draw a breath,

to pray and seek God's guidance.

More to come...

When I inserted the numbers 1 & 2 above,

 it caused Blogger to go crazy and ditch my normal writing style.

(blogger has a mind of its own)

I will give this teaser...

I will not see either of my goals accomplished. (🚢 - covid - not happening).

Staying in this house for another year (not happening).

Things changed very quickly early into the new year.

I'll tell the rest of this miraculous story very soon.

Got to get Blogger under control!



                                                                                   



 

No comments: