Monday, June 3, 2013

at the beach


Today was a very momentous occasion.
Our six year old Eli lost his first tooth.
It wasn't even loose yet.

After a tussle between Eli and Jake on our king size bed,
Eli found me, and proclaimed.....
very calmly,
"Grammy I lost my tooth."
Sure enough there was a gaping hole on the bottom right.
"Where is it" I asked, horrified.
"I don't know" was his reply.

"How did this happen," Eli?
"Well, I had Jake's shirt sleeve in my mouth
and when he pulled away, he pulled out my tooth."

Coming to the bed, I saw blood on the sheets.
Still no idea where the tooth was.
Moments later Eli found it on the other side of the bed.
Very minute, but he found it.

It is under his pillow right now.
I hope these old tooth fairies don't forget to give his reward.

I declare, the strangest things happen around here.

No comments: