Wednesday, June 12, 2013

sunset over the savannah river


What does it mean to be forgiven?
Everything.

I was well into my forties
 before I finally understood what it means to be forgiven.
When God forgave me through the shed blood of Jesus Christ,
he put the sin nature that I was born with behind me,
never to be revived again.

He gave me a new heart...
the old sinful heart was replaced with a love of God and His word 
that I had never known before.
He helped me to understand my new relationship with Jesus.
It is a personal, one on one, relationship 
with the One who made me,
the One who fashioned me in my mother's womb,
the One who breathed life into me.

He knows me better than I know myself...
He knows what I think,
He knows my weaknesses and my strengths.
He knows I am frail,
He knows what I need.

I still sin, but He doesn't stop loving me.
When I sin I am grieved and ask His forgiveness...
I try to keep a clean slate.

This truth about sin changed my life.
It brought a freedom I had never known.
It can change your life too!

"As far as the east is from the west,
so far has He removed my sin from me."
Psalm 103:12

"I, even I, 
am He who blots out your sins for My own sake;
And I will not remember your sins."
Isaiah 43:25

I love the promises of these verses!!!
I am humbled before the mighty God who would do this for me.
cathy



No comments: