Monday, June 10, 2013

i would be really remiss


if I never spoke about sin...

God created us to live in a perfect world,
in complete fellowship with Him
and all other created beings.

When sin entered this idyllic picture,
all of that perfection was diminished
 because sin
 has its terrible effects.

God, right from the beginning,
promised to send Jesus
into this world to 
make everything right again.
Those who put their complete trust
 in the work Jesus did on the cross
are forgiven of their sins
 and put back into a right relationship with God.

The above is the nutshell version.

I was reading Psalm 38 the other day.
It described a person who is caught up in their sin.
Interesting that many of the maladies we suffer in these days
are a result of sin that is "festering" in our souls.

Listen to some of the complaints......

"There is no soundness in my flesh,
There is no health in my bones,
My sins are gone over my head,
As a heavy burden they weigh too much for me."

"My wounds grow foul and fester because of my folly,
I am bent over and greatly bowed down.
I go mourning all day long,
For my loins are filled with burning."

"I am benumbed and badly crushed,
I groan because of the agitation of my heart,
My heart throbs,
My strength fails me.
And the light of my eyes, even that has gone from me.
"I am full of anxiety because of my sin."

Maybe its time to repent...
to turn from sin and accept Christ's forgiveness?

These are the last two verses in chapter 38....

""Do not forsake me, O Lord,
O my God do not be far from me;
Make haste to help me,
O Lord, my salvation."
Psalm 38: 21&22

"For I hope in Thee, O Lord;
Thou will answer me, O Lord, my God."
verse 15

No comments: