Sunday, October 20, 2013

boys in the new house

 
The white sofa is shrouded with a sheet.
They scrub around with dirty feet everywhere.
They come right from the backyard
into the house
and on to the sofa or my new white quilt.
It's my fault.
I shouldn't have done everything in light colors.
 
You know what...
I don't really care a bit.
It is a house not a museum,
and everything can be cleaned or washed when it gets dirty.
I would rather have theses children here
having fun
than anything else in the world.
 
We spent the afternoon in the yard.
I played ball with them
and Eli and I went on a nature walk.
We found a really huge nest way up high in a tree.
I think it was a squirrel nest,
but Eli said that squirrels don't build nests.
(I think he is very wrong.)
 
When they are done outside,
I put them in the big, deep sink in the laundry room
and scrub their feet.
They love it and I get wet in the process.
 
Look at that picture.
it is a little blurry, but it captures the fun and competition
between two brothers.
 
Went to the beach last night and tonight.
What fun we have had.
 
Me to Eli....Why do I love you so much?
Eli to me.....Because I love you and God loves us.
Precious memories.
I'm storing them up for my nursing home days.
 
 

No comments: