Thursday, November 14, 2013

a place to put my special stuff


He bought this for me.
We had been looking for years for this piece of
furniture.
A place to hold my various and sundry collections.

The new house 
had a wall that needed to be filled.
I saw this 
and it all came together.
For Christmas it will hold my collection  of
churches and houses.
It is still a work in progress.
I love it!

Our home is taking shape.
We work a little every day on this and that.
We are hanging pictures now.
I held out for a long time,
not wanting to put nails in the new walls,
but the time has come.

A home is a collection,
a coming together of years of living.
It is a place for all of the things accumulated over a lifetime.
I have so many antiques,
things that belonged to various family members
in their lifetime....
mixed together with pieces of my own.
I adore the mixture,
the remembering,
the familiarity 
of pieces I've been around all my life.

I read this today...
"They who seek Christ are already being sought by Him."
Charles Spurgeon

No one seeks God on his own.
His Spirit in you causes you to desire to know Him.
I love this thought...
none of me/all of Him

No comments: