Tuesday, November 19, 2013

a tree ~ crying out in praise to God

Really....
is anything more beautiful than a tree
caught on fire by the rays of the sun
shining brightly
 by the side of the road?

To round a corner and come upon this sight...
it literally takes my breath away.
Whatever it may be,
a full moon,
the vast ocean,
a red rose in bloom,
a shiny bright apple,
a tiny baby,
a little kitten,
all of these and so much more
 cry out their praise to God.

Tonight I am thankful for,
lunch with a friend and her listening ear,
supper with our family,
all of us gathered around the table
telling our stories of the day,
my husband, 
who lovingly prepared the meal.
A warm home on a cool evening...
promises from His word to hold on to for dear life,
reading to a tiny Ethiopian boy,
my bed waiting,
a good book to lull me to sleep,
a blanket to keep me warm.

I could go on and on...
Blessings are meant to be counted
and remembered,
and filed away for a rainy day.

"It is good for me to draw near to God;
I have put my trust in the Lord God,
That I may declare all His works."
Psalm 73:28

No comments: