Monday, April 28, 2014

water aerobics


My first time.
Today!

The room was hot and humid.
The pool water seducingly warm,
inviting me to come on in,
grab some weights, 
and 
start moving.

I had heard it would be good for me......
less stress on the joints,
but my friends,
it was positively therapeutic.
I was jumping and jogging and whipping up the water
like never before.
When the instructor said
"Jump higher,"
I did.
Over and over again.
I had wings,
I felt like I could do anything,

When I got out of the pool I felt............................
like I weighed 1000 pounds,
like I was going to faint,
like I was 100.

What happened?
I drug into the locker room,
held on while trying to get dressed,
needed water, lots.
I managed to drive home
and here I am.
I feel like I have jarred loose everything in my body.

I am nuts.
I know better.
Take it slow.
Go at your own pace.
I didn't.
Will next time.


No comments: