Wednesday, August 16, 2017

back to school ~ 2017



This week was back to school for most of these grandkids.
After a fun-filled summer,
a trip to China for Lucy,
time with cousins,
pool and jumping fun,
It's time for them to get back to work.
My blog is my journal and the place where
I keep important memories.
These kiddos mean the world to me.
They are growing so quickly.

I pray for them each day.
For God's protection.
There is bullying and meanness to contend with.
I pray that they will remember to be kind to others,
that they will share,
that they will always tell the truth and never lie.
I pray that they will remember that God made them,
that He loves them,
that He has given them a book, the Bible,
 that contains everything they need for life and godliness.
That they would love it and study it.
I pray that they will listen,
be respectful to their teachers,
do their work as unto the Lord.
I pray that they will always be thankful,
that they will obey their parents in all things.
I pray that they will be filled with joy and strength
and to always remember to pray and ask God for what they need.

What a gift are these children of our children!
What a joy to be their grandparents!
What a sobering duty to live out our faith before them...
to always point them to Jesus!!
To pray to the God of the universe on their behalf.


*Photos by Erika and Amanda*



No comments: