Monday, August 21, 2017

when you look up into the sky


As so often happens when I open God's word,
in His providence I read something that applies directly to my life.
I know this is not by chance because
 God's word is God speaking to His people.
Yes, He communicates with us through His written word.
This morning He wanted to thrill my soul!!

This day, 
August 21, 2017,
everyone will be looking up, 
gazing at an uncommon occurrence,
a total eclipse of the sun.

The bible tells us that.......

"The heavens are telling of the glory of God;
And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands."
Psalm 19:1

So....
as you look up into the sky this afternoon
you will be gazing upon our Creator's work,
the majesty of which we cannot even comprehend with our finite minds.
May it cause you to worship and praise His name.
To stand there in wonder and awe.

Back to my first paragraph....
This is the passage I read this morning,
hence the star picture...

"Lift up your eyes on high
And see who created these stars,
The One who leads forth their host by number.
He calls them all by name.
Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power
 not one of them is missing."
Isaiah 40:26

That verse blew me away.
It sent me right here to my computer to write this post,
to give Him glory for ALL He has done!

picture credit...
www.spacetelescope.org/images/potw1428a/


No comments: