Sunday, August 13, 2017

home....


......no place I would rather be.

I am thankful on this stormy Sunday evening for our home.
It can be quiet as a mouse
or rocking like a concert in full swing.
It can be just Bubba and I or a whole houseful.
It can be just one bedroom in use
or every bed occupied.
It can be just me and him supping together,
or all tables laden with food and filled with people.
It can be all of these things,
but best of all it is home.
It is that place that is uniquely us,
what we have made together for the past 47 years.

My safe place,
comfortable,
inviting.
Filled with all of my collections,
my books, 
my favorite movies.
Good food,
clean clothes.
My bed,
my favorite pillow.

As I get older, home is where I want to be.

Looking forward more each day to my heavenly home.
The place where I will lay my burdens down
and find true rest at last.
Thank you Lord Jesus for choosing me to be yours in Christ Jesus.
Thank you for giving me a little piece of heaven on earth.
Thank you for Bubba, the man I share all of this with.
🏡


Here are a couple of our blessings....
Jake and Walt.
The oldest and the youngest.
Bookends!!



No comments: