Saturday, August 26, 2017

"tanked" part 2


To understand this post, you need to read yesterday's post first.

So, to recap.
 I'm home alone.
The propane gas man
 has come to my backdoor
 to inform me
 that we have a huge problem.

I follow him outside 
to what has become a huge hole in the ground where the gas tank resides.
 It is filled with water and is bubbling like a fast boiling pot of water.
All around is the sickening, sweetish, putrid smell of gas.
I quickly feel nausea and a burning in my nose.
Seemingly the tank has sprung a leak....
underground.

He tells me to turn off the air-conditioners 
and all other electricity that could come on and spark a fire.
He asks me if any of my neighbors smoke.
He tells me to block the driveway with my van.
He tells me that he is going to call the fire department.
By this time my head is spinning.
I set to work following his commands.

When I do all of his bidding,
 I call Bubba to tell him that he needs to get home quickly.
While I am talking , 
the fire engine comes with sirens blazing.
The situation in the yard is quickly brought under control
as the tank empties itself of all of the gas that was pumped in and fizzles out.

Meanwhile,
the firefighters in full gear,
gas masks,
fireproof outfits,
gas tanks,
steel helmets etc,
come in with a meter to check for gas in the house.

Finally. all is deemed "safe."
The firemen leave quietly.
The gas man says he will stay until Bubba gets home to forge a "plan."
He thinks the tank may have been struck by lightning.

But where is Bubba?
He has had plenty of time to get home.
Surely he would be hurrying,
anxious to relieve his "damsel in distress."
Finally he appears.

What took you so long? I asked.
Well,
I was hungry so I stopped by Publix and got me some chicken wings for lunch.
I ate them on the way home.
I threw the bones out the window each time I finished one.

Excuse me!!!!
Our house is getting ready to blow up and you stop to get yourself some chicken wings?
I was stunned!

😒


No comments: