Tuesday, October 24, 2017

finally fall


We had a big blow yesterday afternoon.
The winds just about equaled those of Hurricane Irma.
The rain was hard and steady.
The humidity was heavier than a winter coat.
The temps were in the eighties but felt like one hundred.

This morning all of that was gone,
replaced by cool, fall-like temps and no humidity.
Lo and behold, fall snuck in overnight on little cat paws,
catching us unawares.
I couldn't be more thrilled.
(except for the short days-long nights thing)

Here is the good news though...

"This is the message that we have heard from Him and declare to you.....
That God is light and in Him is no darkness at all."
I John 1:5

As I live my life....
been going for more than 69 years now,
I have to constantly abide in the "light" of God's Word.
In the world darkness is everywhere,
But, God is light!!

And this.....
Bubba was at Verizon taking care of something to do with his phone.
He needed to give the clerk some "security questions."
She asked,
"Who is your best friend?"
He said,
"My wife."
Forty seven years of being married to your best friend.
That is living in the light!

❤❤














No comments: