Wednesday, March 21, 2018

2 more



My beautiful daughter sent this my way this morning.
She has been a faithful friend all along through this illness of mine.
She gets it,
she knows what I'm going through.
It's as if she is right here with me.

This couldn't state my condition any better on this day of my 28th treatment.
I still believe I can do things,
but I'm not accomplishing much
because well,
I'm tired.
I've been given permission to rest when I need to.
In fact, I've been encouraged to do so.

So...
I have two more treatments.
My neck and face are bright red like a bad sunburn.
I have no idea how much weight I've lost since last Thursday.
I am constantly hungry, but I don't want to eat.
I have to ring the big brass bell on Friday
which signifies to everyone that I have run the course and finished the radiation race.
I don't want to ring the bell and hope that I can get out without.
Don't want to call attention to myself.

Thank you for the continued prayers.
Those who are still praying are to be greatly commended for staying the course.
Glad to soon get started on the healing journey.
It will take some time.

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,
knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
And let endurance have its perfect result,
that you may be perfect and complete,
lacking in nothing."
James 1: 2-4

Thanking God today for this trial and for all of the lessons it has taught me.
cc ❤'s U


No comments: