Sunday, March 11, 2018

these kids


On Friday, Amanda, Jake, and Eli
drove all the way from south Florida to spend the weekend with us.
It happened to be the week that Eli turned eleven,
so we celebrated yesterday with the cousins.
Not my usual super charged birthday party,
but we did manage to get everyone together for pizza and outside games.
They will never really know how much they lifted my spirits...
every one of them.

Four weeks into radiation,
two weeks to go.
Then a time of healing for my mouth and hopefully a good report.
God has been so good to me.
I need sustaining right now and He is sustaining.
I am so thankful for my sweet family.
The hugs of these small ones do wonders for my soul.

As the Cleland kids got in Bubba's van to be taken home,
I heard Archie say,
"I wish we could stay for dinner."
Hopefully it won't be long before I can cook and entertain again.

Happiness is these kids!!!

No comments: