Monday, August 5, 2019

the play part of my trip...


I went to Florida to work.
But, of course, I played some too.
I have two very creative, funny grandsons that make me laugh out loud
several times a day which is just what I need.
Jake and Eli manage to put up with this old lady they call Grammy quite well.

On our late summer evening trips to the Dairy Queen,
(Granddaddy surprised us with a DQ gift card)
the excitement and hilarity was over the top.
We would get our treats and then ride over to Singer Island to the beach.
These times were "laugh till you cry" moments.
By the way,
I am still drinking vanilla milk shakes quite frequently...
The only thing that goes down through my sad mouth smoothly without causing any pain.


Early in my stay at the Hollingsworth house,
the air conditioning went completely out.
Never a good thing in late July in South Florida.
(Or anywhere else for that matter)
Because of the heat our work was put on hold.
So,
we went to the movie theater where it was nice and cool.
We decided to see The Lion King because it was on the boy's bucket list.
I sat through the whole movie thinking that the animals were real.
They looked so life-like, but they were actually computer generated.
Of course this caused this outburst from my daughter and her sons...
"We cannot believe that anybody could be that dumb."
Of course this made for more laughter, shaking of heads, and looks of
"Is this woman for real?"


This picture was before I made a fool of myself.

😜

The wonderful AC guy finally came later that evening. We welcomed him as it he were Santa Claus coming with a big bag of gifts.




No comments: