Saturday, November 23, 2019

falling here


This is the tree that I watch in our front yard.
It puts on a magnificent show every year about this time.
When we moved in six years ago it was little more than a stick.
Now look at it.

I am very excitedly awaiting the arrival of Amanda and her family on this gorgeous day.
They will be here until the day after Thanksgiving 
minus one night that Mark and Amanda will take a little getaway
 so that we can have Jake and Eli all to ourselves.
Grandparents like that one on one time you know!
David and his crew left today for their annual trip to DC
 and then to Erika's family for Thanksgiving.
We celebrated Thanksgiving with them last night.
Here is a picture of the feast table.


We had a Honey - Baked Ham
and all of these sides made by Grammy...
Red Rice,
Hash Brown Potato Casserole,
Broccoli Salad,
Pineapple Bake,
Yeast Rolls,
and for dessert a Lemon Bundt Cake.
It was all good and lots of food was consumed.
The Hollingsworths get the leftovers tonight.
My kitchen is really humming this week.

Lastly,
the Pumpkin on the back porch...


I love this picture.
You see the pumpkin,
it's shadow,
and it's reflection.
Pretty clever photography if I do say so myself.

I love fall.
I love to cook.
I love to take pictures.
I love to write this blog.
I still do not love to eat but that's okay.
(I get by)
I love our family.
I am so thankful and grateful for all.
Thank you God for all of the blessings that you send our way!






No comments: