Tuesday, November 12, 2019

rainy days & tuesdays


It's gonna get really cold tonight.
I can feel it in my bones.
First freeze seems to be arriving early this year.
I picked what is probably my last bouquet from my garden on Saturday.
The backyard flowers have been a joy this year.
Amanda says that she loves that I always have a vase of beautiful flowers on my table.
God's amazing creative powers strengthen my faith.
Only He can make a flower you know.
And to make it even more wonderful, He adds a delightful scent.

I also love our Saturday night suppers with the family.
Such sweet fellowship!
Such a perfect time to use the good china and cook up a lot of delicious food.
A time to gather at the table around flowers and  glowing candles,
a time to tell everybody about the week that just passed,
a time to count our blessings one by one,
a time to be thankful.
Family is one of God's greatest blessings.

Bubba moved the Crown of Thorns and the Geraniums that are in pots up close to the house.
The rest of them will have to fare for themselves out in the cold.
My Gerber Daisy's made it through the winter last year blooming all along.
I have planted my Pansies.
Hopefully they will bloom and add a touch of color to the short days of winter.

This has been on my mind a lot recently.
It seems like years pass like months now and days pass like minutes.
They say that happens when you get older.
Moving quickly to heaven now.
Jesus is there waiting on my arrival.
My ultimate goal is to be with Him...to see His face,
to fall down and worship Him for the greatness of our Salvation.
I praise Him for all of the great things that He has done.


No comments: