Tuesday, December 10, 2019

happy 14th birthday lucy


Really?
Lucy is fourteen?
I can hardly believe.

The cousins came to help us celebrate.
Harry is missing from the picture because he was (still is) sick.
Archie and Walt have also fallen ill.
Even David has a fever.
Nevertheless, it was quite a party.


First game on the agenda was lawn darts...
We had a perfectly beautiful day to play our summer game in the yard.
Jake scored highest and won the first place prize.
Amanda & Mark took second and third place. 
 Gram kept score.


Next we went inside to fulfill a tradition.
After I spend literally hours making my Christmas villages come to life,
I let the grandkids throw snow on them.
Here is Archie being very meticulous as per his personality.


Gus and Jake are much more animated.
Much of their "snow" landed on the floor.
I never mind though.
I tell them I will vacuum it up when they leave.


Lucy putting the birds on the telephone wires


Dinner was lovely.
Of course the decorations are Christmas.
This was Lucy's requested menu...
Steak cooked on the grill.
Baked potatoes with all the fixings.
Salad with my homemade salad dressing.
&...wait for it,
Jalapeno deviled eggs.
For dessert she requested my delicious pecan pie made the gluten free way.
Lucy is a gluten free girl.
*I can learn new tricks in my old age.
Keeps me thinking!
😊


Game # 2...
Guess how much money is in the jar.
These folks are in the midst of making their guesses.
The correct amount was $12.91.
Erika won this game.


Eli playing the inchworm game!
Jake first place again.


Lucy with her gifts.


And lastly the birthday pie.

Happy Birthday Lucy!
Her parents gave her a phone.
She was completely surprised and overwhelmed.
She's growing up.
That's a fact!
















No comments: