Sunday, December 29, 2019

Christmas is family & fun


My popsicle stick nativity.
It is old and I don't remember who made it but I cherish!
Made lovingly by the hands of a little child.
Oh why didn't I put a name and date.


Cathy is 71...


Bubba is 75.
How did we ever get this old?
Now we are blessed to look back on a life full of adventures and remember.
Getting old is God's way...

"The days of our lives are seventy years,
 and if by reason of strength eighty years."
Psalm 90:10



Mark and Amanda preparing food for our party.
Old favorites...
sausage cheese balls and pigs in blankets.
The house is a wonderland of sights and smells.


Walter getting a good talking to from his Dad.
Too much excitement!
You can see the Christmas punch in the background
and the tablecloth my Grandma Hodie made.


Coffee time.



The boys right before a pillow fight broke out.
Notice Eli's Santa shirt.


The children's table complete with floating candles and Disney decorations.
Lots of Star Wars talk and goofing around.
They were loud and excited!


David and his sister Amanda cracking up.
Lots of laughter and fun.
I love them!
These two were our babies!
Now they are middle aged with children of their own.
The circle of life keeps going!


We played dirty Santa.
Walt got to keep this cute little puppy.
Actually, when all was said and done, everybody got something they really could use.
I got a small legal pad and two new pens.
You know me, I'm always writing something!
Thank you to Amanda for gathering all the gifts for this game and then wrapping them.

🎁


Lucy opening the surprise gift for all the grandchildren.
More on this picture in my next post.

I ❤️ Christmas!!











No comments: