Friday, December 13, 2019

two great pleasures and a downer


It's back!
❤️ my 🎄

Decorating the tree is a much loved activity for me.
Those tiny little figures called ornaments
bring back the fondest of memories.
Given with much love...
cherished in my heart of hearts.


Coffee...
Ever since radiation in my mouth took away my sense of taste,
coffee has been intolerable to me.
I have not had that much loved cup of java in the morning for almost two years.
Recently, because I got out my Christmas mugs,
I decided to pour myself a cup to see what would happen.
Lo and behold, my palate was pleased.
For the past week or so I have had a cup every morning 
along with a half bagel and my computer.
I think it's a miracle.
Slowly, slowly, healing is coming.
The caffeine gave me quite a high though.
Looking forward to having room service very early in the morning on our cruise.


This morning I had a 9:45 appointment in town.
It was pouring down rain.
When I finished, I couldn't wait to get home.
I had a couple of errands to run but I opted out until Monday.

I knew exactly what I had done.
I slowed and rolled through a stop sign at an intersection.


The policeman saw me flagrantly break the law and he hunted me down.
Blue lights flashing he pulled behind my 2005 Honda Van.
After a very short period of denial,
I pulled over and stopped.
Here he comes standing out in the rain with no coat on. 
I took my time getting my driver's license out.
Finally, I rolled down the window.
He said, "Mam, do you know what you did?"
I confessed.
I have a court date at the end of January.
Don't know what my fine will be.
Made me mad!
He did get thoroughly soaked though.

🌧️

.





No comments: