Friday, December 20, 2019

wrappings and trees and things


I finished wrapping the Christmas gifts yesterday.
Just before I went to bed last night,
I placed them under the tree.
I have been working countless hours since November 29 to make this magic happen.

Now it's time to start procuring  groceries for our favorite tastes of the season.
I love to gather around the table on Christmas Day,
to hear the children laughing and talking with each other,
to share memories of past Christmases.
I just love to sit back and watch everybody,
their faces, their smiles.
Christmas Day is otherworldly,
a taste of heaven,
a perfect day.



Our tree is a bit quirky this year,
but I like that in a fresh cut Christmas tree.
The star is a little crooked,
the right side of the top part of the tree doesn't match the left side,
some of the lights are not completely proportional.
But as every tree, every year, this one is magical.
It lights up the dark and brings memories of past Christmas' that warm my heart.


There is a great big fresh green wreath on our front door to welcome our guests,
except that all of the guests come through the garage.
I hope that it has been welcoming to the delivery drivers.
I have done almost all of my Christmas shopping on-line this year.
Amazon rocks!!


I love this basket of huge fresh pine cones just inside our front door.
Something nice to be greeted with.

I love Christmas~

Jesus Christ God's Son is the best gift.
This world was a mess.
Sin was rampant.
The relationship between God and man was irretrievably broken.
In the fullness of time God sent His Son Jesus into the world to deal with man's brokenness.
Jesus came to this earth to die.
He took the sin of the world on His shoulders.
He gave His life so that man could be reconciled with God.
God accepted what Jesus did on the cross as payment for our sin.
Through Jesus' blood we were made righteous and holy in God's sight.

This world is still a mess.
Sin is still rampant.
But man has been given the gift of salvation.
Jesus died so we could live forever in perfect peace with God.

Indeed we celebrate!
Merry Christmas to all of you.





No comments: