Sunday, March 22, 2020

church at my house


This morning I got up super early...
5:30 AM.
This is nothing new for me.
I am always so thankful to wake up and realize that God has seen me through another night.
When I put my head on my pillow, I ask God to protect me in this house alone.
Waking up safe and sound is always an answer to that prayer.

I got busy putting the finishing touches on our Sunday dinner.
I made my aunt's "All Good"  pecan pie,
Bubba's iconic rice, 
and my broccoli-chicken casserole that I made yesterday.
Yes, I've cooked all weekend.
I love it!


I had some of my favorite music playing while I worked.
(the time on the clock is not correct)


At 10:30 sharp we gathered to worship in the room where my TV is sitting.
David led us in prayer and singing and then we tuned in to the sermon that he recorded yesterday.


Strange times we are living in folks but what sweet fellowship we had this morning.
The sermon was perfect.
The meal was delicious.
The dinner conversation was lively and interesting.
And,
I did it!
 I cooked a meal from start to finish.
It took me two days, but still, I did it and enjoyed every minute.
One big step forward into my new life.
I love my family.
They take such good care of me.


My famous, delicious, broccoli- chicken casserole.
They all love it.
And,
as much as possible, I will always have flowers nearby.
Good cooking,
beautiful flowers,
children,
hearing God's word proclaimed
make life worth living,
even on the saddest of days.

🎕

And just to end this good, good day on a positive note,
I spent the last hour or so 
in my backyard 
dragging dead things from the winter to the front curb
 to be picked up and hauled away tomorrow.
I will sleep well tonight.


Bubba would be so proud!!





No comments: