Wednesday, April 14, 2021

my new home


In case you were wondering.
this is where I live now.
For the girl who fell down the stairs and broke her collarbone a week before move-out day,
I have a lot of stairs to navigate.
I never saw the inside of this place before I paid my first month's rent.
It was occupied.
I took it sight unseen because of the location.


You can imagine my surprise when I opened the door and saw these.
I have to walk up 27 steps to get into my living space.
To the poor men who had to bring my furniture up, 
I apologize.
It had to seem like a nightmare to them.
Getting groceries and cases of water up is a challenge.
So glad I have grandsons to help.

I love it once I get up here.
I feel like I'm living in a penthouse.
For the past week, I have had all of the windows open.
I am enjoying the breezes blowing in from over the river and the marsh.
It is paradise once you get up.

The stairs are good for me...
good exercise!
I am careful and take my time.
No more running up and down the stairs though.
Those days are probably over.


The downside?
Lizards love the outside steps.
They are darters and they are not afraid.
I am scared to death of them.
I have been spraying with deer repellent.
Since I sprayed,
 I haven't seen them.
I'm also a fighter.
The lizards will not get the best of me!

🦎
                                                                        










 

No comments: