Saturday, April 17, 2021

the pre-construction meeting


It really happened.
Yesterday.
Erika and I sat with the site supervisor
 at a table with the official blueprints of my new home spread out before us.
We went through each room with a fine-tooth comb,
 making sure that all of the details were correct.
We even had to identify where I wanted the internet and the phone lines and the USB ports to be.
Such weighty matters before us.
It was good to see all of the plans we had made months ago drawn up on paper.
This meeting reignited my excitement on this venture that I started just after Christmas.
The house, hopefully, will be laid out on the lot next week.
Things should start to happen quickly after that.
We'll see.

My recent move took everything out of me.
It almost did me in.
I am just now starting to feel fully rested, 
starting to get my zest for life back,
starting to be able to think straight,
starting to think I can live again.
Oh my! 

The bed in the picture...
I found this years ago on the internet.
It makes my heart sing.
I'm considering it.
Oh to sleep in those turquoise waves.
Yes!
What do you think?
Should I?

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

 

No comments: