Thursday, April 1, 2021

if the truth be told


Yes! 
I do!

I find myself on this first day of April,
on this morning, 
three days before Easter,
 totally devoid of the usual trappings of the season.
I don't even have any recollection of last Easter,
and this year I am almost numb.
There is not even one little bunny anywhere in my apartment.

The decision to sell my house and move and build a new house and do all of the things that entails seemed like a good idea at the time. 
I got caught up in a frenzy and was carried along and now I am here.
  All of a sudden it is Easter and all I can do is cry out to my God, "Help me!'
No other words come.
My prayers feel selfish.

It seems almost like a reckoning.
You have arrived here out of a whirlwind.
 What do you do now?
That is the big question facing me today.
Oh, there's still plenty to do.
I have a huge stack of papers to go through,
boxes to unpack, 
groceries to buy,
dinners to cook,
gifts to wrap,
 birthday parties to host.
There is no lack of things to keep me quite busy.
But how do I calm my anxious thoughts, my fears, my wavering trust that I've done the right thing?

As usual, God spoke to me through His word this morning.
All of these precious truths are from Psalm 27.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; 
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the defense of my life; whom shall I dread?"

"Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice, and be gracious to me and answer me."

"Teach me Your way O Lord, and lead me in a level path."

"Wait for the Lord.
Be strong and let Your heart take courage.
Yes, wait for the Lord"

Honestly y'all,
could I have gotten any more direct answer to my feeble prayers this morning?
These verses spoke to my heart and gave me hope.

He is Risen!
He is Risen indeed.
That's all I need to know and believe this Easter.
I don't need bunnies sitting around.
I need His word in my heart and mind telling me the truth.
Thank You, God, for Your direct answer to prayer.
I'll rest here for a while...
as long as it takes!





 

No comments: