Thursday, April 15, 2021

outside in


I miss my yard.
Yesterday, I found myself wandering around my favorite nursery,
 just looking at all the flowers I could be planting.
Everyone who reads,
you know I loved my yard.
I will have another yard one day.
It will be smaller, 
more manageable, 
maintained by someone else.
But what do I do right now?
"I think I'll buy this pink geranium and keep it in my sun-filled apartment."
So I did and it makes me happy just to look at it.
Tomorrow I'm going to buy another one.
I will nurture and water and make myself think I still have a yard.

Tomorrow I have what they're calling my
Pre-Construction Meeting.
Wow!
It's finally happening just like they said it would.
(I was beginning to wonder.)
I will get to meet the Site Supervisor.
I will ask a thousand questions.
Yay!
I think they will break ground soon.
Only then will this dream seem real to me.
Thank you my Lord for all of these blessings.

"Blessed be the Lord
 who daily loadeth us with benefits, 
The God who is our salvation." 
Psalm 68:19

I worship you this afternoon because You are God to me.
I have nothing that does not come from Your hand.
You are my good, good God all of the time.
In sickness and death, You are still good.
There is never a time when You are not good.
Thank you for flowers and rain,
cool breezes,
good books,
comfortable and cozy places to rest.
Broccoli cheese soup and cinnamon crunch bagels.
Thank you for friends and family,
for grandchildren,
for texts and phone calls and emails and visits.
Thank you for forgiveness,
Your grace and mercy.
Thank you that Jesus died on the cross so that we can have eternal life.
Thank you for the hope of heaven.
Thank you that I will see Bubba again,
You are so, so good.


Jake gave me this candle for Christmas.
I saved it for my new apartment.
The whole space smells heavenly.
Thank you,
 my tender-hearted grandboy. 

๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ’™ U




 

No comments: