Tuesday, October 25, 2011

bubba's bungees

A couple of weeks ago
when
Jake and Eli
were here,
Bubba
 took them out on a
grandfather~grandson
outing.

Upon their return here to the house,
Jake
was holding a red bungee cord and
Eli
a blue one.
At this point
I should have known
that trouble was pending,
but remained oblivious.

Later in the day
I heard a very loud crash 
coming from the family room. 
Racing down the stairs,
 I found Jake crying
and Eli
with a very sheepish look on his face.

There is a picture of it
somewhere in all of these blogs of mine. 
It came from Anthropologie,
my absolute favorite store. 
 It was a green fish bowl....much loved by me. 
And there it was,
in several small pieces on the floor.

Evidently
the bungees had been hurled
toward the shelf
holding the fish bowl
with great gusto. 
One of the bungee hooks
 scored a direct hit
 and plunged that fish bowl
right to it's permanent demise.

Jake is still crying hysterically and Eli asks this question,
"Grammy, are you mad?"

Here is what I told him while holding Jake close in my arms....
"No Eli,
I am not mad...
just a little bit sad because my bowl is broken,
but I love you guys
much, much more
than I liked that bowl
so I'm giving you grace."

God gave us
grace
when we deserved to be punished for our sins. 
He put our sins on Jesus
and He bore the punishment for us. 
That is grace friends,
pure & simple.

I bought the replacement today...
It is pictured above.

By the way.....
Jake kissed his girlfriend this morning 
during science class. 
Way to go,
little man.


No comments: