Wednesday, April 24, 2013

a thousand words in a picture


Found this old photo the other day.
Remember when you took your film to the store to be developed?
You had to wait a week to get them back,
and oh the anticipation.
This set of prints came in a little book.
I keep turning up jewels.
So much to say about a picture.

First of all,
this is my mom and Othell Yates.
They were the best of friends.
What I remember most about these two was the 
laughter......
they talked and giggled 
and made each other practically roll on the floor.
They truly enjoyed each other.

That's Othell's daughter Mary Jane
 standing with her hands on her hips,
and me,
in my bathing suit and Keds,
blond hair in pigtails,
reaching down to pet the cat.
Must have been going to swim somewhere,
but mom and Othell obviously were not in swim attire.

We are standing in front of the little tiny cottage 
that my Hodie and Papa
 lived in on Wilmington Island.
It was the tiniest house ever....
Papa was a bartender at the Wilmington Island golf club
and they lived in this abode on the grounds.
I love the little white picket fence and the front door.

Old photos...the best memory makers ever!!


No comments: