Sunday, April 21, 2013

little things that mean alot


First of all I want to say,
as I get older and hopefully a little wiser,
life takes on a whole new meaning.
Life is short,
at times very hard,
but it is also filled with much joy.

Finding treasures from the attic bring back so many memories.
As we pass from one generation to another,
the things from the past are important...
they tell the story 
and make everything fit together.

First picture....
A crocheted donkey.
Erika found him in the attic and brought him to me.
He was filthy,
covered in the debris of the attic.
I washed him and he came might near falling apart.
Last night I took my sewing kit to him.
I sewed his broken places,
glued on his blue button eyes,
and trimmed his tangled mane and tail.
He looks great...
standing proudly on the shelf in the children's room for
another generation to enjoy him.

Second picture....
THE water bottle.
For as far back as I remember,
that water bottle was always in the refrigerator,
filled with ice cold water.
We ALL drank out of it.
After a long bike ride on a hot day,
I couldn't wait to get back home to the water bottle.

Third...
Momma's crown pin.
It is missing quite a few jewels,
but it reminds me of her so much.
So out of character for my mom to wear a crown pin,
but wear it proudly she did.
I wish I had asked her its origins
when I still could.

Lastly....
The evening purse.
It belonged to my Hodie....
circa the 1920's.
So elegant, so beautiful.
Just perfect for that era.
I love the big blue jewel at the top of the chain.

I love to write!
I love to write!
Thank you for keeping on reading!
Cathy

No comments: