Monday, April 22, 2013

when a good plan goes bad


It was covered in pollen.
It needed to be washed down,
but how?
There is no spigot on the porch.
Buckets of water brought in by hand seemed unreasonable.

Bubba had what he thought was an inspirational idea.
Why not take a long hose,
hook it up to the washing machine spigot,
stretch it through the house,
turn it on,
 and wash the porch with the spray nozzle.

I went along with this plan,
but with a little trepidation.
While he was scooting off the furniture etc.
I was vacuuming the outdoor chairs and wiping them down.

When I heard a loud gushing sound.
I thought....
"boy is that water pressure strong."
I went about my work.
Wow!....This is working out so well.

Our neighbors downstairs are from India.
They speak very little English.
When the doorbell started ringing incessantly
I thought,
"Who can that be at a time like this?"

Well...
The hose had busted,
water was shooting out all over the laundry room
and running quickly out into the hall
at a very fast pace.

Our downstairs neighbor was having a
 "hissy fit"
right on our doorstep...
water was pouring through the ceiling into his house.
Bubba went to survey the damage,
 and the wife
was speaking very loudly and quickly in another language.

I have spent the last two hours cleaning up the mess.
Seems as if the damage downstairs was minor.
Our porch is very clean
but at a cost.

So much for inspirational ideas
and quiet afternoons.

No comments: