Monday, April 15, 2013

forever young (at heart)


My mother's Desert Rose....
I've always loved it,
now it is mine.
It is going to be displayed on my hutch,
as soon as I have time to take Easter down.

Teri, my sister,
is leaving on a jet plane in the morning.
She has been here for a week
and we have worked like horses.
We have been awash in wonderful memories.
I hate to see her go.
Didn't even get to go to the beach....
maybe later on this afternoon.

Lucy, Harry, and Gus arrived this morning.
They will be staying here for a few days.
Lucy got to go high-rolling with Teri and I today...
twice to see Dad's lawyer,
and once to meet with his stock broker.

While at the lawyer's office for the second visit,
she managed to eat a lemon, 
peel and all,
 blow on the glass top table,
clean it, and then look at herself there.

Bubba took Gus and Harry on his errands.
Everything went well
 until Gus poured his chocolate milk all over himself.
He is still sleeping.
I will deal with that smell etc. when he wakes up.
(I hear him now)

This is our secret to staying young at heart...
loving every minute of this life.



No comments: