Wednesday, March 19, 2014

daughters.....


From the moment they first handed her to me,
I was in complete awe.
God had granted my prayer
and given me a little girl.

Never
 in a million years 
could I have imagined the joy 
she would bring.

We are so close, but live miles apart.
We talk most every day,
We chat about 
the boys
 and her jobs 
and the wonderful place she calls home.
She always has at least one funny story to relay.

She is a counselor to me.
When I am troubled she always has the right words.
She never fails to admonish when that is needed.
She is an encourager,
my cheerleader,
my friend.
She has made me cry,
and she has made me laugh my head off.

She is funny.
She notices things.
(I love people who notice things.)
That is very important.
She shares beautiful music,
and dance moves,
and words of wisdom.

She is caring and loving.

She is a wife and mother now.
She thrives in her roles.

I love you Amanda.
Thank you for all the ways you care for me.
I thank God for you!
mom


No comments: