Thursday, March 20, 2014

happy first day of spring


Have you stood your egg on end today?
The first day of spring is the
vernal equinox....
The only day that this can be done.
Ours is still happily standing.
If it is still standing in the morning,
I will question.

It's starting to happen.
Everything is getting ready to burst into bloom.
The grass is "greening " up,
the flowers are poised and ready for their great reveal.

I worked in the yard today,
but was quickly overcome with the sheer
magnitude of work to be done.
One must start somewhere, though.
I did really well until I picked up a thorny vine 
that penetrated my hand.
I will try again tomorrow and tomorrow.
What I need is to get it cleaned out,
and then someone to come give me a master plan.
Bubba has already said no to that.
He says we can figure out what we want to plant
by ourselves.
(sad)
Anyway,
Aren't you glad its Spring?

No comments: