Sunday, March 30, 2014

Bubba


This is one of my favorite pictures of my husband.
He served our country for 42 years,
first in the Air National Guard,
finishing up as a Colonel in the 
United States Air Force.
He retired in 2006,
and here we are,
Life is fuller than ever
with all of the blessings of the Lord.

Henry, (Bubba) as I call him,
is to say the least,
a driven, hard worker.
When the kids were little, he worked three jobs,
just to make ends meet.

His favorite color is Air Force blue,
the same color as his eyes.

As we get older,
I wonder who will go to be with the Lord first.
This is in His hands and His timing.
I can't imagine life without him,
without his care and protection,
his love
 and his mercy toward me.

We have been blessed!
We have been lost,
we have found the Lord together.
We have sought Him,
and found Him,
and relished in the journey.
We have laughed a lot,
and cried a lot together.
We have watched the Lord 
do some major miracles.
We have survived, and thrived, and loved every minute
of the ride.
We have traveled all over the country,
we have seen so many wonders together.

What a marriage!
What a man...
God knew exactly who I needed to go through this journey with,.
I love you Bubba,
and I'm thankful for you!!

No comments: