Sunday, March 9, 2014

my granddaughter lu......


....or as I like to call her,
my lu, 
or lu blu
or
skip to my lu....
she sweetly answers to all.

Thursday,
when I picked her up to spend the night,
she had a surprise for me.
She had gone to Target that morning with her mom,
and using her own money,
she bought me my first Peeps of the season.
That girl knows what her grammy likes.

We came home and shared one immediately.
Then we read by the fire for a while,
played a game of Uno with granddaddy,
went to Cracker Barrel for dinner,
watched McKenna,
an American Girl story about a gymnast,
while enjoying an ice cream sundae.
After all this,
bedtime was greatly welcomed.

Friday morning at 6:07am,
there was a knock on my bedroom door,
and we were off and running. 
By 6:30am we had already played four games of
Ocean Bingo.
There were errands to run, 
and then
Red Lobster
for some crab leg cracking
and pure enjoyment.
We made a visit to the hospital to cheer up Ms Gloria
and then back home for a rest.

She keeps me hopping!
She keeps me young!
As she grows she just gets better and better.
Lu Blu ~ I love you!



No comments: