Thursday, October 6, 2016

two storms


A storm blew up in my heart this morning....
something that made me very sad.
I never saw it coming.
Haven't been able to calm myself yet,
the peace hasn't come.
I got busy with mundane tasks getting ready for the hurricane.
Yet, my soul is vexed.
extremely!!

I think it so amazing that God always has me reading something pertinent to my life.
Yes a real storm is coming,
sometime tomorrow evening so they say.
It's hard to get information because of all the sensationalism.

God's word....
This passage speaks for itself!

"Those who go down to the sea in ships, who do business in great waters;
(the sailors)
They have seen the works of the Lord.
and His wonders in the deep.
For He spoke and raised up a stormy wind, which lifted up the waves of the sea.
They rose up to the heavens, they went down to the depths;
Their (the sailors) soul melted away in their misery;
they reeled and staggered like a drunken man,
and were at their wits end.
(the sailors)
Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He brought them out of their distresses.
He caused the storm to be still, so that the waves of the sea were hushed.
Then they (the sailors) were glad because they were quiet; (the waves)
so He guided them to their desired haven,
Let them give thanks to the Lord for His lovingkindness,
and for His wonders to the sons of men."
Psalm 107: 23-31

I am praying for both storms to be still, 
the one in my heart 
and the one in the ocean.

God's word is the only thing that brings peace to my soul.
Thank you Lord that Your word was written down and preserved for us.



No comments: