Monday, June 25, 2018

the magic hour


It was Saturday evening.
Amanda and the boys and I had just gotten back from the Dairy Queen.
The house had that tell-tale glow.
Could it be the magic hour?
I grabbed my camera and ran outside.
Yes!
Just look at that sunset!
It warmed my soul.

The Pet Scan
I had it today.

Nothing to eat but protein since yesterday morning at ten.
You know me and protein right now.🚫
Nothing to eat at all after 12 midnight.
Bubba bought me 4 grilled chicken nuggets from CFA
and I had 5 shrimp leftover from our Low Country Boil the night before.
That was all I had.
I went to the doctor's office this morning starved and just a little
"out of it."

Preparing to find out if the cancer had returned.
Felt kinda anxious but not too much.
Learning to trust God and what He wants for me rather than what I want.
He knows the plans He has for me; I don't know them ahead of time.

They called me back.
They injected me with radioactive isotopes.
I had to sit still for an hour not moving.
I couldn't read, look at my phone, or scratch my nose.
The nurse told me to stay away from children for 5 hours after the test.
Said I would be radioactive for that long.

Nobody said I couldn't pray....so off I went.
If I know you I prayed for you this morning.
It hardly seemed 15 minutes had passed when she came to get me for the test.
It was over in 10 minutes.
Had to wait a couple of hours to see the Doctor.

He said that everything looked great...no recurrence.
everything healing....."see you in three months."
So thankful for this good report.
So thankful for all the prayers.
I am so blessed.


No comments: