Saturday, January 5, 2019

starting a new year


Every time I walk into a bookstore I feel euphoric.
As soon as I breathe the smell of the written word, 
my heart pitty pats a little faster.
A new book means a new adventure.
I am going somewhere far away
to spend a few days living someone else's life.
There is nothing quite like a new book.

Lucy and I had a date yesterday.
I had sent her a text a few days ago...
"Hey Lu Blu, do you want to go see Mary Poppins Returns on Friday?"
Her reply...
"Yes I would love too, Thanks"
We ate Mexican for lunch then spent a few minutes at Barnes and Noble before the movie.
So good!
I highly recommend!!
We got caught up on all the news and had a great time together.

The first week of the new year is always fabulous...
except for last year when I was having surgery on this very day.
I like the feeling of having another wonderful Christmas behind me.
All of the stress is gone.
I see a whole month of quiet days with many opportunities to rest and read ahead.

January...
the weather is mostly nice,
the yard is dormant,
the days will slowly start to get longer,
the decorations are down and put away!
(except for my 10 foot tree)
I don't have to worry about dieting because I'm still not eating much of anything.
I start reading the Bible over again.

Thankful today for the rich blessing of life in Christ,
for the indescribable gift of Jesus,
for new beginnings,
for family and friends,
for grandchildren,
for winter!

God is so good!




No comments: