Saturday, March 23, 2019

baking today for tomorrow


It's my turn to bring goodies to church tomorrow. 
I have spent the day baking.
So relaxing!
The above is a lemon bundt cake with fresh lemon glaze.
I also made a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies.
Still to go...
My famous Christmas Eve blueberry muffins.
I will make the batter tonight and cook them early in the morning so that they will be super fresh.


Today is a special day for me.
It was on March 23rd last year that I finished my course of radiation
and started the journey back to the land of the living.
I really cannot believe that it has been a year
.
I am getting some taste back but I still don't enjoy eating.
Case in point...
I tried one of those made from scratch oatmeal cookies and it wasn't good at all to me.
Bubba says they are delicious.
I believe him!

What a journey this has been!
Nothing can prepare you.
Truly the grace and mercy of my God gets me through.
I've slowed way down...
stopped trying to please people,
worked on slowing down my thoughts...
keeping them focused on God and His word.

I read this today...
It struck me as Scripture always does.

"For whatever things were written before were written for our learning,
 that we, through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures, might have hope. 
Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,
 that you may with one mind and one mouth
 glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Romans 15: 4~6

A couple of things...
"the patience and comfort of the Scriptures"
 How beautiful are those words.
Scripture teaches us but at the same time is patient.
God who wrote all Scripture knows our frame.
He knows how weak we are.
He knows our frailties
He gently guides us into His perfect will.
And O what a comfort His words are.
Where would I be without them.

"May the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, 
according to Christ Jesus."
There is nothing in the world to compare with being with people 
who are liked-minded according to Jesus.
The love of God in the heart of man!
And then to share fellowship together!
O the joy!

Our God is the God of patience and comfort.
What more could we ever need!
Thank You!!

"With one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!!"

❤️❤️



No comments: