Wednesday, November 11, 2020

erika & lu


Erika makes bread for me most every week.
It is delicious toasted ~ I eat it with my soup every day.
Almost three years ago now,
 a biopsy discovered a cancer on my tongue.
The radiation that followed destroyed my saliva glands and my taste buds.
There is no hope for any improvement.
It is what it is!
Eating is no longer a joy...it's more like something I have to do to stay alive.
I am so thankful that there are a few foods that I can tolerate and even look forward to eating.
Erika's bread is one of those treats.
Thank You!
🍞
Lucy loves to get in the kitchen and cook.
I heard from David that she was making me a surprise.
The surprise was waiting for me in my seat at church on Sunday morning,
I have always loved chocolate-dipped orange slices.
She made these for me to try.

🧡


To cook for someone is a way to show love.
My family takes such good care of me.
I like to cook for them as well.
It makes me happy.

I memorized this verse for yesterday's Bible study.
(It was nice because I already knew it)

"Train up a child in the way he should go;
even when he is old he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6

🧡




 

No comments: