Thursday, November 5, 2020

this makes it really real


Back in the summer some time ago,
Amanda and I went to pick out Bubba's grave marker.
Last week I received this picture...
the finished product.
Sobering, I think, to say the least.
Death is final.
Can't sugar coat it.
It hurts and hurts and hurts.

Yesterday I picked up some Chick Fil A and went to the cemetery to check it out.
I parked under a tree right by the river and ate my picnic lunch.
It is very plain and simple,
white granite from North Georgia.
No embellishment.
Just wanted to mark the spot.

 I was pleased ~ as much as one can be pleased with things such as this.
They did a good job!

This was another hurdle for me and I made it through.
Right by myself with 4 chicken nuggets and a vanilla milkshake.
Life goes on even at a burial site.

"Even so, come Lord Jesus!"
Revelation 22:20



 

No comments: